Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Holi

Today is Holi and we have come to Baddi, a small town in Himachal Pradesh. It has become an industrial hub, where most of the cosmetic manufacturing of India has shifted. We have our cosmetic factory here and we also have a little cottage, with a great lawn.
I was feeling really ill when we arrived, but had to get ready to play Holi as the whole family was here. So I came upon an excellent pre-Holi ritual to feel great - I filled the bath tub with hot water, added a few drops of Eucalyptus and Tea Tree. To this scented water I added 2 cups of Epson salts and seven types of flowers. These signify the lovely attributes of the seven planets - The Sun, Moon, Jupiter, Venus, Mars, Saturn and Mercury - This also added beauty and colour.
I had a long soak in this water - then a massage with some aromatic oil Eucalyptus Peace before going off to sleep. Woke up on top of the world - rubbed Mustard oil all over the hair, scalp, body and played Holi. Mustard oil is excellent. I have no trace of colour at all - and I feel great!!!

No comments: