Monday, February 26, 2007

Aromatherapy Moth Balls

It has become warmer, so all my woolens have to be packed away. I have found that when they are dry cleaned and then wrapped in un-bleached cotton, with bits of cotton wool and tissue dipped in essential oils of Cedarwood and Lavender or Patchouli, they are protected from moths, weevils and other insects. But also when I unpack them in coming winter, they smell good. This is also good for my pashminas and silks. I also place a drop of essential oil on a bit of material or cotton wool and tuck these strips of cloth or balls of cotton wool under the liners of drawers and in my cupboard. This protects my cloths and gives a wonderful aroma.

So to make your aromatherapy moth balls, which are effective- put a few drops each of Lavender and Cedarwood essential oils on to cotton balls and place in Clorets and liner drawers.

No comments: