Monday, March 1, 2010

COLOUR & AROMATHERAPY A SYNERGY

The Last evening while I was walking in the gardens of our Spa - Ishwar Blossom Kochhar - I was struck how colour and perfume are drawn together out of the haze of twilight and the spiritual qualities of flowers are highlighted at sunset.

I often wondered why our senses are heightened and our subtle vibrations are increased
at dusk? The reason for this is because the air is charged with positive ions making it a time of stillness and contempletion. As night approached the flowers that were light coloured took on a special translucency in the moonlight. The air was filled with the sweet heady aromas of Jasmine,Champa and Datura(moonflowers). It inspired me and filled me with love,sensuality,peace,purity and healing and spirutial vibrations. To take the healing aromatic and colour vibrations of these beautiful flowers back home I decided on a colour and aroma bath which I will share with you.

In your bath water add 3 to 5 drops of Jasmine
Colour the water with 2 tablespoons of Beetroot juice which will produce a lovely pink bath.
Add a handful of rose petals.
Light pink and white candles. Candles are very good for providing soft and nourishing light and the colour of the glowing candles increase the colour vibrabratrions that enhances the action of the bath oils.

Our ancient Indian system of healing with colour and aroma not only heals our body but our heart and soul as well!!!!












. -

2 comments:

G.G.G said...

Hi Blossom,

I am an ardent lover of aromatherapy and a diligent practitioner too. I have used many of your products including the mint cleanser and mineral glow scrub. The products are all really awesome and have really helped in improving my skin.

It was by sheer coincidence that I came across your blog.

Will keep visiting

Regards

Poornima Narayan

Unknown said...

Hello Ma'am

I am a researcher and practice science into everyday life. Although from field of Neuroscience, I have deep interest in Aromatherapy and would be interested in learning how brain is affected by aroma from various stimulants. Is it the rostral migratory stream rising from the olfactory bulb, which is nowadays also an important part being studied for Adult neurogenesis? How do oils stimulate neurons and what part does dilution of the oil play in the intensity of stimulation? Sorry for asking such questions, but this is definitely a thrust area for research and more so if we have to convince people of naturopathy, we must have answers!!!

Regards,

Preeti